BAHA invites the nomination of outstanding projects that have renewed the life of historic properties and neighborhoods in the city of Berkeley. Entries will be judged according to such criteria as aesthetic quality, historic significance, and contribution to the fabric of the city.
Previous winning projects may not be renominated.
How to nominate
- All projects must be located within Berkeley and have been completed between April of the previous year and March of the current year.
- Submit nominations by 1 April of the current year.
- Include as much of the following information as is available:
- Project address
- Start & end dates of the project
- Name & contact information for the following:
- Property owner
- Landscape architect
- Historic information regarding the site
- Description of the project that explains why it is being nominated
- Before & after photographs (see examples above & below)
- Submit documents via one of the following methods:
- By mail
P.O. Box 1137
Berkeley, CA 94701
- By e-mail
Do not send attachments larger than 5 MB.
- In person
BAHA office, 2318 Durant Avenue, in rear
(or in mailbox on rear porch if office is closed).